Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Monogram Mah Jong Pendants


Some of friends of mine threw me a jewelry party last weekend so I made them these monogram pendants from mah jong tiles as a thank you. (They just "happened" to be on "Joker" tiles--heh).

These mah jong tiles are from an American Travel Mah Jong Set, which are thinner (1/8") than the regular chunky mah jong tiles. I really love working with them because I can stamp on them just like I do with dominos but the nice shape lets me fit bigger images. I've also found them in two sizes--these (which are ivory) & about 1 3/8" x 1" and smaller ones that are about 1 1/8" x 7/8" (mine are white).

For these pendants, I first colored them with chalk inks--a light coat all over, heat set it, then edged it with a darker shade & heat set. I used a makeup sponge to dab the ink around the edge, pouncing until it blended as I wanted. Then I used Staz-on for the images--a little flourish from SU!'s retired "Frames with a Flourish" at the top & then the initials (the "S" is from Stampin' Up!'s "Lovely Letters" set). It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I also went over the letters with a black glitter pen to add a little bling.

Finally, I added Colores Doming Resin for a waterproof seal, a large bail and a rhinestone embellishment to complete the pendant. It looks great with a black satin cord for a funky statement. :-)

I welcome custom orders so if anyone wants one or any of my other creations, just let me know and I can create a custom listing for you in my etsy shop.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment