Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Initial Pendant Party Favors



For my daughter's "Princess Party," I made these initial pendants for the girls to find in a treasure hunt. I used the little playing pieces from a traveling backgammon set (so there's a magnet on the other side). The process is the same as the really popular Scrabble tile pendants (just google "scrabble tile pendant tutorial" to learn how to make them). A 3/4" circle punch fit the paper to the game piece perfectly (with a little sanding around the edges).

I guess because these pieces were plastic, not wood, I did have to use a stronger glue than Tombow Glue on the paper to get it to adhere. Imagine my angst when the whole lacquered top came right off after drying for a whole day. But--I just used the Crystal Effects on the other side to put it back on, no problem. I also recommend removing any felt from the other side of the pieces because that peeled right off WITH the jewelry bail--so had to reattach the bail without the felt.

For the initials, I simply used a letter sticker or rub-on & then went over it with Stickles. I put the Crystal Effects lacquer right on top of it (without even waiting for the Stickles to dry). I also sprinkled a few microbeads onto the wet Crystal Effects. If your microbeads cover your initial too much, simply use a toothpick or paper piercer to gently push them around.

Last tip--the C & M game pieces were red, so I just colored them with two coats from a white Paint Pen. Quick & easy.
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh these are AWESOME! I bet the girls loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I'll have to keep this idea for my DD's next get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think these are darling! I'm sure that the girls loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! The girls will love them!

    ReplyDelete