Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Truly Inspirational

Way back in the summer I posted about SU!'s generosity in donating to my favorite non-profit Divine Mercy Care. Well, the DMC Gala was in November & I'm just now posting about it (had to wait 'til all the recipients got their gift frame pictured below).

The theme was about the parable of the seeds that fall in the good soil & grow because DMC has really grown this year! I was excited to be able to share with Heather the Decorations chair that Stampin' Up! has a "wheatgrass" stamp in the "Inspired by Nature" set. They used it on the menu cards (pictured), which went nicely with the REAL wheatgrass centerpieces! Cool, huh?

I've also included a picture of the Stampin' Up! basket (which was bid up nicely in the silent auction, I might add)--note the gold wheatgrass on the description frame too.


Finally, I made nine of these gift frames for the top donors and the gala co-chairs. This fall I was honored to become a Board Member so I wanted to do something a little special. The frame was made using a masking technique & sponge daubers to apply the ink. The Mother Teresa quote that comes with the set was just too perfect--I had to find a way to use it! Then, I incorporated a personal message from the Founder & President, Dr. John Bruchalski. This stamp set got a nice little workout for a great cause!


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. What a FANTASTIC SU basket!! The frame that you made was beautiful too. So glad you were able to assist with your favorite charity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause! And what great projects! Reminds me why I need to go dig out this stamp again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice...Love that frame you made. Now Dance(referring to the comment you left me)To legit...made me want to and I did.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great company we work for!! I love the frames you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those frames are fantastic!! And I love how great SU is to us and charities!!

    ReplyDelete