Monday, August 25, 2008

Gift Card & Basket

My new SU! Basket & Blooms Sizzix Die arrived last Thurs. & I was leaving Fri. for my H.S. reunion so I had to act fast! I saw a cute beach basket on Colleen Laux's blog & decided to do the same thing to hold the gift certificate for our reunion's organizer. I loved how it went along with her deserving to relax now! The basket wouldn't fit the envelope that came with the gift card so I made a smaller one that just fits the card & then stamped it with some beachy images from "Life's a Breeze" & a sentiment from last year's SAB set "Lots of Thoughts."

I tried using both Sticky Strip & Tombow Mono Multi around the bottom of the basket (on the one my daughter insisted on making for herself) & both worked fine. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it really was to put together. Next time I think I'll stamp it after I run it through the machine, rather than before (you can see the line where the Canvas background stamp overlapped a little). The basket filling is just strips of cardstock that I ran through the crimper before cutting.

I can also report that the basket lasted traveling all day in my purse--it's a hearty cardstock :). I used Kraft by the way (you'll need a strip of 12" x 6" to fit the XL die if you want everything cut out at once.)

& my reunion? A surreally good time :) I was telling one of my good friends (with whom I'd lost touch) that I was doing this now & she asked rather surprised "You're crafty now?" Yeah, I'm still pretty amused by it myself! Of course, we agreed that the scrapbooking part actually does make a little sense because I did always love to take pics & organize them & write captions even before scrapbooking became the commercial behemoth it now is.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment