Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What Makes Us Happy


Ran across this article on www.msn.com this morning, "The Things That Make Us Happy"--#8 stuck out to me: "Well-spent leisure time can lead to great leaps in happiness: Activities that combine socializing and physical activity and require some moderate skills are the best (think salsa!)." When I first started stamping, it wasn't for the social aspects but now it's become probably the thing I enjoy most about it. Having a fun girls' night out creating is like a modern-day quilting bee :) (Sigh, I do miss going out dancing though--but I live vicariously through "So You Think You Can Dance?")

And for good measure, here's a pretty, pretty card my technique club made this spring. I wanted to show all the fun ways we can use rub-ons: on dies-cuts (used one from "Die-Cut Blooms"), ribbon, combining different colored ones. The "Pretty Petals" background would be pretty all by itself for a card (that's on the dormant list so you won't see it in the new catty but you can still order it). The other set "Friendship Blooms" & coordinating rub-ons were earned free from Sale-A-Bration (don't miss out next year!). The pretty brad in the middle of the die-cut is from the Silver Hodgepodge --which I think stands a pretty good chance of being in the new catalog coming out Aug. 11.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. What an exquisite card! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete