Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Inaugural Post: Name Frame

So, I got the idea for starting a blog in the shower this morning (the only place I seem to be able to think these days!) And voila! I've decided to join the blogging ranks of fellow crafters :) My wish is to provide an easy way to share project ideas, upcoming Stamp 4 Life events & in general help show that it IS possible to find the time to do what you love & you DON'T have to be an "artiste" to create something that is worthy of appreciation.


I'm an ENFJ on the Myer's Briggs test (barely an Extrovert though--think I've been trained for that over the years). The "J" stands for Judging & what I love about making a card or making a scrapbook page is that I get my "got it done, cross it off the list" fix that's so hard to do when you have little kids undoing everything you just did around the house.

So here's my first project--a name frame that I completed to order while the kids were out with Dad watching fireworks in the neighborhood & my toddler was in bed. Got it done!

Name Frame


I used my fav alphabet set: Jumbo Outline Alpha with Black Staz-On ink. Then I watercolored inside the letters with WaterColor Wonder Crayons & embossed with Iridescent Ice for a girly glittery feel. Maddie (my 4 yr. old) wanted to keep it (even though I made her a similar one months ago). That's high praise, my friend.


Oh, & most of the things I end up loving are me trying to correct a mistake or something I just don't like. For ex., I thought the little princess was too far over & something was missing. So, I tied a knot around a ribbon slide & used a glue dot to adhere it to the white grosgrain ribbon "seam".
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I saw your link on SCS. Your name frame is very cute, I like the colors.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete